Welcome the the history page of Blaby Baptist Church
The origional Baptist church started in 1797 when 'serious persons' agreed to meet. In 1807 Joseph Simpkin gave an indentured loan of a room for the Baptists to use, and later gave land and money for a church to be built.
In 1813 collection began for enlarging the church and In 1840, with most of the congregation being 'very poor stockingers', the Baptist Accossiation secured a pastor for the church and garunteed him an income of £60 a year for 5 years.
Construction of the new and current enlarged building started in 1870 at a cost of £2100 with the church being opened in 1876.
The building is now a Grade to Listed building with beautiful features and a warm airy feel.